The following links may be of interest to Wing researchers.
Some of the surnames found in Wing have their own one-name studies. I’m sure the organisers would love to hear from you!
- Amsden – http://one-name.org/name_profile/amsden/, the first recorded instance of this surname happens to be in Wing!
- Attwood – http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~attwood/genealogy/
- Bandy – https://www.bandye.org/
- Battams – http://one-name.org/name_profile/battams/
- Brazell – www.brazellnuts.net
- Foskett – www.foskett-genealogy.co.uk
- Hales – www.hales.org
- Howcutt – www.howcutt.org
- Howes – www.howesfamilies.com
- Lathwell – collaborative study via private wiki, email me if you are interested
- Poulton – www.uspoultons.co.uk/
- Tatham – www.saxonlodge.net/ includes the branch of vicar Francis Henry Tatham
- Tearle – https://www.tearle.org.uk/
- Tyrrell – https://www.tyrrell-fhs.org/
Wing people often came from or moved to neighbouring villages, some of which have their own one-place-studies or websites with historical information.
- Cheddington village has a useful history society page and some historical photos on their website
- Cublington also has an excellent history page on their village website
- Leighton-Linslade Past Times can be found at www.leighton-linslade.com
- Some parish register transcriptions for Mentmore (selected surnames only)
- Wingrave School Days takes a fascinating look at the school over time
- Whitchurch one-place-study – email Emma: buckinghamshirevillages at hotmail dot co dot uk
FELLOW WING RESEARCHERS
Some of our fellow Wing researchers also have their own websites, with snippets and photos about their family.
- Naylors of Sedgley – the Pease family
To help minimise everyone’s spam I am not planning to list researchers’ email addresses and specific interests on this site, however if you contact me I am happy to pass your email address on to any other researchers that I know are also looking at your families.
OTHER LINKS ABOUT WING
- https://www.wingparish.org/ – will keep you up-to-date on modern-day Wing
- The Wing Heritage Group undertakes archaeological digs, historical walks and other events and research of historical interest.
- Victoria County History of Buckinghamshire – Wing and the 13th century Priory of Wing
- The Chiltern Open Air Museum has a granary building from Vicarage Lane as part of its collection, but unfortunately no longer has information about that building on its website.