1830 Pigots

View original directory pages at Historical Directories of England & Wales

WING is a small village and parish, in the same hundred as Ivinghoe, about three miles and a quarter from that town. The chief and indeed the only ornament of this village is its handsome church, which is dedicated to St Peter, and is a vicarage in the gift of the Earl of Chesterfield; the present incumbent is the Rev. Philip Strong, and his curate the Rev. John Felix. 1,096 persons formed the population by the last census.

Gentry and Clergy

Felix Rev. John

Public Houses

Cock William Mortimer
Queen’s Head John Windmill

Shopkeepers and Traders

Biggs Jas. shopkeeper, &c
Bone John baker
Clark Thomas baker
Cook John boot, &c. maker
Denchfield Richard baker
Foster John blacksmith
Heley Thomas butcher
Heley William maltster
Jennings William tailor
Mollott Emanuel baker
Walter Robert shopkeeper
Whipum William shopkeeper
Windmill Thos. wheelwright
Woodman Veere schoolmaster and parish clerk